Please see the following current plan for homeroom teachers and know that there is more good news to come…
- The entire PK team will remain at FHC so that all four teachers can continue their wonderful work.
- We are thrilled to announce that teachers Cindy Phelan and Betty Ann Shanley will continue the Kindergarten program along with teammate Kathy Elbert
- First grade will have celebrated teachers Meg Lalonde and Sarah Hepner at the helm. Meg continues to be a strong pillar of our faculty and Sarah impressed us as she completed a long term sub assignment in 3rd grade.
- In second, Katie Melnick has had a wonderful 1st year at FHC and will be joined by an incredible new teacher Molly O’Brien. Molly is a FHC grad who is returning to the Chicagoland area after teaching in the primary program at an independent school in Texas. Additionally, Molly earned Big East All Academic Honors as a lacrosse player at Marquette University.
- FHC is thrilled to have Sheila Gorney and Amy Meccia return for third Grade. The dynamic duo, Sheila and Aimee led our development in Units of Study (Lucy Calkins) Program
- Good news to come for Fourth Grade!
- Amazing news for Fifth Graders - they will be led by Catherine Lacross and another new member of the team Annie Dunn Hughes. Annie is also an FHC grad with experience as a 5th Grade teacher in Northbrook and at Harper Elementary in Wilmette.
- We are very excited for the following assignments in the talented middle school team. Angela Jenks (7th and 8th grade ELA), Colleen Kilgallon (6th, 7th, and 8th grade Social Studies), Ann Marie Day (6th Grade ELA) and Lynn Finneke (6th, 7th, and 8th grade Science), and Jan DeStefano (6th, 7th and 8th Math Honors). Additional news to come for middle school students very soon.
I feel confident that we will have a fabulous team with great skills to lead FHC children in many positive ways next year. More news to come about Specials classes, Learning Lab, Curriculum resources, Learning Spaces and Staff to come so stay tuned!